Description of the training modules in the sales training programme
Click on a box to read the destiption
Question techniques and listening skills
Everybody understands how important it is for a salesperson to be a good listener. However, only a few have the self-awareness to realise, that a lot can be improved with respect to listening skills.
This module is about asking questions and become a better listener.
The following aspects will be discussed:
- How do you create a balanced conversation?
- Which powerful question techniques can you use to control conversations?
- Which listening levels are there and how can you use the model of BEYONCE to become a better listener yourself?
Armed with the question techniques that you'll learn in this module, you will be able to obtain much more information from your conversation partner and use this to better fine-tune your offer to what the customer really needs.
Presenting the price
The price is a loaded topic. Salespeople that need to present the price, often feel insecure. And there is no need for that! At least, when you know how- and when to present it.
This is exactly what will be discussed in this module. We are going to discuss:
- Prijs perception, product life cycle and pricing strategies,
- When and how should you present the price in sales conversations?
- Understand the 8 price presentation techniques and know when to use which one in real situations,
- How to prevent that you have to make price concessions. And if you really have to, what are the most important negotiation principles that you have to apply?
After joining this module, you will be able to present the price in a self-assured manner.
Closing the deal
For many salespeople, closing is the hardest part of the sales conversation. By not -properly- closing, many deals are lost. Therefore, this module is very important.
We will discuss the following:
- Closing is much more than just asking for the deal. How important is closing in simple and more complex sales cycles?
- How do you close in complex environments with large DMUs?
- What is the best moment for a closing attempt?
- What are buying signals, how do you recognise them and how do you respond to them?
- Why are there three categories of closing techniques and when do you choose which technique from which category?
- What are the 12 power closing techniques and how and when do you apply them?
The skills to close a sales conversation with the desired result makes the difference between getting or losing a deal. This module gives you all the tools you need, to close more deals!
A company will always have to pay attention to acquisition. To be able to maintain the status quo, or to grow, it is necessary to find new customers or new projects. For many people, this is one of the difficult aspects of the sales profession.
This is why this module is so important. We will discuss all aspects of acquiring new customers.
- We will discuss the various instruments to find new customers,
- What is the best way to do cold calling?
- What should your pitch look like?
- How should you start a sales conversation professionally?
- What should your emails and LinkedIn inmails look like to be more successful?
If you understand and master the right techniques, acquiring new customers is fun!
You should only negotiate when you really have to. In other words: preferably not!
But if you need to negotiate, then you should do it right!
In many business environment negotiations, the negotiation result is very important. However, maintaining a good relationship often is as important.
In this module, you are going to learn the intricacies of excellent negotiation.
Among others, the following aspects will be discussed:
- How can you turn positional into principled negotiation?
- What are your ZOPA and your BATNA in a negotiation?
- Which negotiation dimensions should you pay attention to?
- What kind of negotiation styles exists and how can you react to these styles?
This module is essential to get a win-win negotiation result, that serves both the result and the relationship.
Tons of tips can be applied immediately in your next negotiation.
Present and demonstrate excellently
An important aspect of the sales profession, is giving a presentation for a group of people. Sometimes you have to demonstrate a machine or product. Being able to deliver great presentations and demonstrations have a lot in common. For instance, it is important
- to immediately get the attention of the audience and keep it,
- to make presentations and demonstrations interactive and involve the audience,
- to structure your presentation and utilise technical tools the correct way.
You will get tons of tips to make your presentations and demonstrations more lively and convincing. We will look, for instance, at getting attention immediately, your body language, your position on stage, your tone of voice, the dynamics, the power of silences, the power of repetition and the law of three.
Body language and conversation psychology
Not everything that people think will be said. And not everything that people say, is meant that way.
In many cases, body language uncovers the real intentions.
Sometimes, in conversations, emotions get the upper hand. People get angry or show clearly that they disagree. Sometimes, they even won't see reason.
How do you deal with this as a salesperson? This is what you will learn in this module!
- Become more aware of your own body language,
- Learn how you can use body language to support your message,
- Recognise the signals of the other person and know how to react to them,
- Understand the psychology behind the conversation and use when the conversation derails,
- Learn how you can divide a conversation in 'layers' and pick the best layer.
After participating in this module, you are able to dissent from the rational part of the conversation and concentrate on the message that is behind it.
Handling procrastinators and price negotiators
Unfortunately, not all sales conversations are straight forward. Sometimes, at the end of the conversation, pretty significant hurdles must be taken.
In this module, we will discuss advanced closing techniques to be able to cope with procrastination and price negotiators.
The following aspects will be discussed:
- What can you do to speed up the decision making process?
- Recognise it when they give you the runaround. How can you professionally react to this?
- What are the tools to help your conversation partner convincing the stakeholders in their organisation?
- Learn how you can bring price negotiations to a successful conclusion.
This module is very important to successfully conclude even the toughest sales situations.
Determine and sell the added value
Sometimes, you don't understand that a customer says "no". You are convinced that your product or service will bring many benefits, and yet he doubts or complains about the price.
Apparently, you have not been able to convince the customer of the added value of your product or service. That won't happen again after participating in this module!
You will learn the following important aspects:
- How to determine the added value of your product or service,
- How to convince customers by making an ROI calculation,
- The only right way to involve the customer in making these calculations, and conclude that the benefits surpass the costs significantly.
This powerful closing technique belongs in the toolbox of every professional salesperson.
Pipeline management and generating leads via LinkedIn
Having eyes on the development of your business is not only important for your manager but certainly also for yourself! You can do this by creating and maintaining a sales pipeline.
A sales pipeline needs to be filled with opportunities constantly. LinkedIn is one of the instruments that almost all b2b salespeople need. And that is exactly what we will discuss in this module!
- You'll learn about the KPI's of your sales pipeline, and how to improve the throughput,
- You'll become better at getting inbound leads via LinkedIn,
- You'll learn how to optimise your LinkedIn profile to get more leads and contacts, with the aim to fill your sales funnel.
Immediately following this module, you can start optimising your LinkedIn profile, from the profile picture to the 'call to action' and everything in between.
It will be much easier to find you on LinkedIn and your prospects will get a much better first impression.
Large account management
Most organisations have a customer base with a few very important, large customers. These customers deserve special treatment. In such a case, a (key) account manager gets the responsibility to serve the interests of such customers.
Maintaining good relations with such an important customer requires specific knowledge and skills. This is what this module is all about.
The following aspects will be discussed:
- Which kind of SWOTs can you create and use for such an important customer?
- Why is important that there is mutual importance?
- What does the DMU of the customer look like?
- How does the customer approach you as one of their vendors (your position in their Kraljic matrix)?
- How can you measure the quality of the relationship?
- What is a multi-level sales matrix and how do you create one (with a free template!),
- You learn when and how to conduct conversations and build relationships at a higher level in the organization.
If you want to maintain and grow your biggest customers, then you shouldn't miss this module!